16 November 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (15) - Bewitching

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Bewitching
Author: Alex Flinn
Published: Harper Teen
Publisher: 14th March 2012
Series: Kendra Chronicles #1

Kendra Hilferty, the witch who curses Kyle Kingsbury in Beastly, tells about her immortal existence-how she discovered she was a witch and the various ways she has used her powers to help people throughout the centuries. (Unfortunately her attempts have often backfired.) As it turns out, Kendra has actually had a hand in "Hansel and Gretel," "The Princess and the Pea," and "The Little Mermaid"-but these are not the fairy tales you think you know! Kendra's reminiscences are wrapped around a real-time version of "Cinderella," except the "ugly" stepsister is the good guy. With dark twists, hilarious turns, and unexpected endings, Bewitching is a contemporary read for fairy-tale lovers, fantasy fans, and anyone looking for more Alex Flinn. - From Goodreads

This is the story of Kendra (the witch from Beastly) and how she had a hand in a lot of the fairytales we know today. If you remember from Beastly though Kendra was not the best of witches and made a lot of mistakes, so I think this book will bee looking at how stories like Cinderella resulted from one of her mistakes.

It sounds exactly like the kind of thing I enjoy!!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one as well! I love her dress!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw this one, I added it to my wishlist too! I love the cover and the blurb - it sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I'll be looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cover looks like Vanessa Hudgens? totally love the dress~

    Awesome pick!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read Beastly, but I'm really looking forward to reading this one as well! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. I like the cover! It's very pretty. I LOVE the story! I've always LOVED fairy-tales. It's just perfect!!!!!!!! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete