13 January 2012

Follow Friday (6)





Welcome to another Follow My Book Blog Friday. Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

This week's question is: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.

I love music. I think like the written word, it can dictate the way you feel. One day I will want to listen to something upbeat and the next I will be listening to music that makes you want to lie in a dark room and cry!

Currently some of my favourites chilled out music includes: Lana Del Ray, Florence and the Machine, Regina Spektor, Damien Rice, The Hush Sound, Ed Sheeran and Joshua Radin.

When I need a pick me up I tend to listen to: Jason Mraz, Ben Folds, She and Him, The Pierces, Taylor Swift, Tegan and Sara and Phantom Planet.

When I need a beat, I stick on: Katy Perry, The Pretty Reckless, The Teenagers, Soulwax, Maroon 5, Lady Gaga and The Saturdays.

Other musicians and bands of note that I listen to are: Joni Mitchell, Muse, Christian Kane, Paramore, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Rolling Stones, Ricki Lee Jones, Sheryl Crow...

The list just goes on and on. I love music and listen to it as much as I can. I can often be found singing in my car at the top of my lungs (appologies to anyone who overheard me!). So what do you like to listen to?

7 comments:

  1. I completely forgot about Regina Spektor!! She's so talented!

    new follower. :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina Spektor, The Pretty Reckless, Maroon 5...I love where you're going with this :D

    Kristin from GrowingUp YA MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, your blog name? Uh, STORY OF MY LIFE! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Love Regina. I was just listening to her album the other day.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Rolling Stones lover! :-)

    Check out my follow friday! New Follower!

    http://amidnightsummersread.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - Hop stop for Follow Friday! My favorite band is Journey :)

    www.epicyareads.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just started following and am checking out some of your other posts. we have such similar music tastes!you should try matt and kim too for upbeat but not rap songs. they are SO good!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete