15 February 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (24) - Underworld

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're pining after.

Title: Underworld
Author: Meg Cabot
Published: 28th May 2012
Publisher: Point
Series: Abandon #2

Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.
Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.
Not this time.
But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.
Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.
But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.
And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape. - From Goodreads
Oooohhhh... look at the pretty cover!!! I can't wait to see what happens next for Pierce! What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. Great WoW! I haven't read anything by Meg Cabot yet, but believe me, I will be!
    I'm a new follower :) Your blog is cute!
    Taneika @ Flipping Through The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Abandon #1 but I ADORE Meg Cabot! Definitely looking forward to this!

    My WoW

    Happy reading! xx
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until UNDERWORLD!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh great pick! I love Meg Cabot, in fact her books were what inspired me to start reading books :) well Meg Cabot and Harry Potter :D
    I loved Abandon and I can't wait for its sequel either!

    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice. I've heard lots of awesome things about Meg Cabot, definitely must read!!

    Here's my Wow: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg This book is in a lot of WOW's!
    I love Meg Cabot but haven't got around to reading this series. Wish she would more contemporary.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the first one and cannot wait for this one to come out! I love Meg Cabot SO much!

    Awesome pick!

    Come stop by mine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to this one too I'm curious to see what happens! It's been so long since I read book 1 though!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete