24 September 2011

In My Mailbox (11) - My book ban continues...

Welcome to this weeks in my mailbox where we discuss all the new books we acquired through the week. This weekly meme is hosted by Kristi at the Story Siren.

High five!! I made it a whole week without buying any books (well that is a small fib but since my books have not been delivered they will not get counted until next week)!! Worry not however, while I was sorting through my kindle I found quite a few books I bought ages ago and have not yet read or posted in any past IMMs. So over the next few weeks I will share these delights with you.

Shade (Shade #1) by Jerry Smith-Ready
Source: Kindle Edition

Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift. - From Goodreads

I have seen so many reviews for this. I need to finally read this so I can see what it's all about.


Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand
Source: Kindle Edition


In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart. - From Goodreads

I have been meaning to read this debut for ages and I can't wait to start!!

So what was in your mailbox?

6 comments:

  1. NIce! Those are both on my TBR list as well! Happy reading!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaways for some ARCs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shade and Unearthly were both great! I'm so not a fan of angel books, but I really loved Unearthly and can't wait for the sequel!

    My IMM is over here if you'd like to stop by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unearthly looks good
    Heres my IMM http://chicklitaholic.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read both Shade and Unearthly for quite a while now. Excited to see your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my eye on Unearthly for a while..it looks really good!! Hope you enjoy it!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete