20 March 2013

Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Title: Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Published: 6th November 2012
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Source: Own Copy

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her saviour…
The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.
Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love. - From Goodreads.

I loved this book so much. How do I talk about it without going into to much detail and giving away the story? This was not a nice story, but it was one that stayed with me weeks after having finished the book. The subject matter dealt with in this book was handled cleverly, keeping it as the focus of the story, but not dwelling on it too much or similarly dismissing it. I feel like I am talking in circles here, but I just loved this book so much.

When Jacqueline is almost attacked, she thinks her life can't get any worse. She has just been dumped by her long term boyfriend and now she is attacked outside his fraternity house while a party goes on inside. Lucas comes to her aid, a boy who Jacqueline shares a class with but has never noticed before. Lucas has noticed Jacqueline however and this horrific night is one that will stay with both of them for ever.

Jacqueline and Lucas were such well written characters that I loved both of them form the start. The chemistry between them sizzled off the page and these characters kept me reading from the first page. The storyline was delicate and handled extremely well with the right amount of action to make this an enjoyable and thrilling read.

Jacqueline is a complex character who develops and grows stronger and more confident as the story progresses. She starts as someone who has had her self-confidence smashed at the beginning with her boyfriend of 3 years breaking up with her. This is someone that she has followed to school Felicity style and suddenly she is alone. Lucas is the kind of character that builds someone up and reading about him made me wish I had known someone exactly like him when I was at university.

I can't believe I had this on my kindle for so long before I read it. An amazing, fantastic and toe curling, piece of "new adult" contemporary fiction that I will probably read again soon. I can't wait to read anything else written by Tammara Webber!!

1 comment:

  1. I have read some books by this author before and I really have enjoyed her work in the past. I have been putting this one off because I know the hype got way out of control on this one so I don't want my expectations to be too high.

    Thanks for the great review, I shall have to read this someday.

    ReplyDelete